Hello and welcome to Emote Secret Santa 4.0!
Our last three attempts worked out wonderfully--special thanks to last year's co-host `Synfull
and I have decided to continue the project this year!
The aim of #EmoteSecretSanta
is to promote the creation of art in the community and ensure that every emoticonist can give and receive a present for the holidays this year.
For those unfamiliar with the concept, the group gathers a list of participants and then assigns each person one emoticonist to make a gift for, and one person they will receive a gift from. The presents and who they are being made for are kept secret and revealed on Christmas day. Although the gift giving takes place at Christmas, the group is open to all religions, with options available for those that may celebrate other (or no) festivals in that period.
for the current list of sign-ups.Read the rules below for how to join the project.
- To sign up for #EmoteSecretSanta, send a note to the group by November 30, at 11:59:59 PM. In the note, please include a few things you might want as your present--whether it be your emote OC(s) (sending a link as a reference is helpful), a sport you like, a present you want for the holidays, or something completely random. Also, if you don't want anything Christmas-themed in your present or you celebrate a holiday other than Christmas, please include that in the note as well.
- You can show your interest in signing up to #EmoteSecretSanta regardless of how many emoticons you have in your gallery, but you must have at least 5 emoticons in your gallery before signing up for Emote Secret Santa 4.0. Your previous experience level does not matter, provided you know the basics of making an emoticon. If you are unsure how to start making emoticons, check out %Emotication for a wide range of emoticons.
- Once the sign-ups are through, =Kyramy and I will then split up the participants from the sign-up sheet amongst each other and send out notes to the person you're assigned to make a present for and what they want in their present by December 1. You may take one of, some of, or all of the person's keywords as a basis to make a present. If you have any issues making your present, message either =Kyramy or myself, whoever assigned you, and we will do our best to help.
- Finish your present by December 18, 11:59:59 PM, upload it to sta.sh, and send it to either =Kyramy, whoever assigned you. Make sure your present has included at least one emoticon. Please do not upload your present to your gallery or scraps until December 25.
- We will collect all of the presents and put them in a journal on #EmoteSecretSanta on December 25. After the journal has been posted, please post your presents to your gallery, and they will be posted to your favorites folder.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- Sign-Ups Close: November 30, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM
- Assignments Sent by December 01, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM
- Presents Due: December 18, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM
If, for any reason, you have signed up and cannot finish your entry, please tell us ASAP
. While we hope that everyone who signs up will follow through with making a present, we understand that sometimes events occur that are beyond your control. The sooner we know, the easier it will be for us to make a replacement present.
Keep in mind that we will also be sending you reminders after you have been assigned until you turn in your finished present.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please either leave a comment on this journal or send a note to the group.